Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Talking... Sorta...

Alex talks. She talks a lot. But we don't understand her. She has inflections and hand motions and all the necessary linguistic tools. I think it might be Chinese, but I'm not sure. It's probably just toddler jabber. Sometimes I can pick out certain phrases. I don't know what she's telling me, so I just say "yes honey." We have a book that we read each night. Each page has a picture of a random thing, dog, cat, ball, car, fish, etc. She sees the fish and says "Yu" with the correct tonage. That's fish in Mandarin. She sees the dog and goes "go go, oof oof!", the cat "meeooww", the ball "ball", the car "bee bee". That's supposed to be "beep beep." With how much she jabbers normally, I think she'll be talking my ears off soon enough.

No comments: