Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Prenatal Massage

I finally broke down and booked myself a massage for today. I don't know why I didn't do it earlier. Well I did, but at this point the benefit outweighs the cost. Lynn's Day Spa in Columbia isn't much to look at, in fact it was probably about the worst looking spa that I've ever been too. However, I wasn't there for the ambiance. Teresa was my masseuse, and she was great. The only issue was that she was really soft on my legs. But she had informed me beforehand that since I'm 5 months in she's not allowed to work hard on the leg for fear of blood clots. Sigh... I really really wanted a foot massage. Oh well. Other than that, it was relaxing. I could have fallen asleep if I hadn't gotten hungry halfway through it. This may be a monthly habit.

An hour is never enough... I felt like she could have worked on my arms for a whole hour each. sigh....

1 comment:

Michelle Orchid said...

Hi there, I am a licensed Massage Therapist from Miami , Florida. I am so relieved to read that your therapist was educated enough to stay away from deep pressure on your legs and feet. The cause for this is that there are certain points that exist which can induce contractions in the uterus and can cause a premature birth. I encourage you to continue receiving your massages and make it part of your wellness plan, even after your baby is born. So on that note, welcome to prenatal Massage Therapy! Its the best gift for a mommy:)