Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Her New Thing

Her new thing lately is pulling her blankets over her face. She especially loves the knitted ones that Auntie Karen made her. They get hooked onto her thumb and she pulls it up and over her head. The other morning I had her in bed with me. And for the next 30 minutes, she'll grab the flat sheet and pull it over her face...and leave it like that. I'll push it down, and she'll pull it over her face again. The other night she nearly gave me a heart attack. After putting her to bed and going downstairs myself, I didn't check the baby monitor. After a couple hours I went upstairs to check on her and notice that the thick quilt was covering her face completely. Usually it's just resting lightly on top of her other blankets. After pulling it off of her quickly I realized that it was just tented over her... but still. It knocked a couple years off of me. I do notice that she likes to sleep with her face burrowed into something... either my arm, side of her carriers, or pillow, etc. I guess the blanket thing is just a natural progression.

No comments: