Friday, March 5, 2010

Milestones

At 6 1/2 months, for the first time she slept 12 hours straight last night. She's been consistently doing 8-9 hours and occasionally 10 or 11 hours. But last night was a first, 12 hours straight! I hope this continues. Usually she'll sleep a total of 12-14 hours at night.

She also rolls over... if you put her on her stomach she'll do it. She half does it when she's on her back.

She can almost sit up by herself... I think in a few more weeks we'll be there.

She can also do consonant sounds now... especially when she's upset. "Booboobooboboobo" Maybe she'll say "baba" first instead of "mama".

She likes solids and is getting better and better at eating.

Unfortunately, she doesn't take the bottle very well. She also doesn't want to nurse until she's ready... which means when she's half asleep and I've rocked her for a bit. My cue to nurse her is when she sticks her hands in her mouth and eyes are half closed. She doesn't take the pacifier and nothing I can do will make her take it. On one hand I'll never have to wean her of it, but on the other hand she doesn't have anything to soothe her except for me when she's upset. Thanks goodness she's usually a happy baby.

She loves her baths. Putting her in the bath is her cue to start thrashing so all the water is splashed out.

Eczema is a lot better since we've been lathering her up everyday with Aquaphor and lotion.

She doesn't have much of an oral fixation. Meaning... she doesn't really put things in her mouth. She'll take something, look at it, pass it between her hands, look at it more, and drop it. Sometime she'll try to put it in her mouth, but usually it doesn't make it there.

Hope I'm not jinxing myself, but she hasn't gotten sick yet. It's only a matter of time.

No comments: