Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Tough Love

I don't know what to do. Over the last couple of weeks, Alex has gone from not liking the bottle but being able to be tricked into it to rocking her until she's half asleep and sticking the bottle in her to not wanting it at all. Bear in mind, this is what my mom has to do. I have not given her a bottle in months cuz she just freaks out. Well... now she freaks out period. She'll only take solids and nurse now.

Today, I dropped her off at my mom's so I can do hw before going to class. At an hour before I was supposed to leave, I get a call from my mom asking me to come to nurse her cuz she was freaking out and wouldn't drink anything. The other night, she was going to spend the night at my mom's so I could do hw w/o any interruptions... at 10:30PM I get the call to come and get her cuz she wouldn't sleep and wouldn't drink anything and had been crying since 8. Ryan had to go pick her up. Sigh... what are we supposed to do? She doesn't take the pacifier and never has.

I think it's time to tough it up. My goal is to take one week and ONLY give her the bottle. I know it's going to be rough... but hopefully I'll have the will power to do it. I hate listening to her cry. Hopefully she'll eventually get tired and hungry enough to take the bottle. And I really really really really hope I'm not traumatizing her for life. Oh poor baby.

No comments: