Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Tommee Tippee

We have the Dr. Brown bottles and Avent. This morning I put some milk in an Advent bottle and let her play with it. She chewed on it but didn't cry. I think it was more due to the fact that she wasn't hungry and I wasn't forcing it on her. She went to my mom's for a few hours while I went to school.  When I checked on her later I was told that she ate some solids and took about an ounce from the Dr. Brown's bottle (tricked again, BTW.)

I went to Babies "R" Us in hopes of finding a couple different bottles to try with the dear dear hope that Alex will miraculously take the bottle again. The baby business must be booming... bottles are expensive. I saw in a standalone rack a brand called Tommee Tippee. Curiosity took me over and I noticed that the nipples were what I wanted to try. Wider base and shorter nipple, they were soft and resembled closer to a real breast than anything else that I've seen. What the hell, so I got one. I also got a Breast Flow bottle to try. Again with wider base, soft nipple but it had a harder piece in the middle. Supposedly it makes the baby suck like they do on the breast. Anyhow, when I got back to Alex I put a couple ounces in the Tommee Tippee bottle and let her play with it. She gummed it and milk got into her... or onto her. Oh well. Anyhow, when she got tired, my mom was actually able to feed her with the bottle. She took down 3 ounces, and only cried for a few times at the beginning. And no gagging like she would with the Dr. Browns. My mom said the flow is too slow... otherwise she would have drank more. I did buy a faster flow nipple to go with the bottle but ended up buying the wrong type. But it's looking promising. Of course, I haven't tried feeding her yet. But that's ok, as long as SOMEONE can feed her I'm good with that. But then... that's also try one. We'll see if she'll continue to drink next time from the bottle.

I haven't tried the Breastflow one with her yet... since (double crosses fingers) Tommee Tippee seems promising.  Oh please please please work.

After doing some research, TT are new to the US.  They're one of the top baby products in the UK and just recently introduced to US.  There are tons of great reviews.   Man... if these work, I'm buying stock.

No comments: