Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Projectile... Puke.

Alex woke up early today.  That's 7AM.  Yes, that's early in this household.  That's okay though, she went to bed at 6:30 the night before.  By 8AM, Ryan was on his way to dropping both kids of at daycare.  A 15 minutes nap sounded great.  I could still lay down for a few minutes and still get to work by 9AM.  9AM is early for me.  I don't even remember closing my eyes, but it was 10AM before I woke up.... only because the Roomba started.  So I had to work late.  Didn't get the kids home until 8:30PM.  Poor Hannah was very hungry.  She downed 3oz from the bottle in a couple minutes, then nursed... before it all came out.  It's been a few days since she had a projectile puke.  I knew I was due for a drenching.  I also knew that she shouldn't be drinking so fast... and perhaps I should have tried to burp her before nursing.  I had to suction the puke out of her nostrils.  She didn't like that... at all.  I've never seen her cry as hard in her short little life.  Two clenched fists under her chin, eyes squeezed shut, red faced, bawling at the top of her lungs cry.  It was a wrap her naked body in a blanket and give her the boob right away cry.  After she nursed some more (much slower this time), we finally got dressed.  Nursed some more and she finally went to sleep.  1 hour. 

Her acid reflux is getting better... or maybe I'm just more used to it.  And since I don't spend the day with her, I don't notice as much.  Plenty of spit ups still though, just not as much projectile. 

No comments: