Friday, March 14, 2008

Beware! Bridal Scam!!

I just got a call from this lady that claimed that I had won a raffle... a 2 night 3 day or something like that all inclusive vacation in Bahamas or Cancun... my choice. Sounds too good to be true. She was laughing at the fact that I sound so skeptical about it. All I have to do is go to this bridal showcase at Loews Annapolis Hotel on Sunday at a certain time and give them a claim number to claim my prize. Granted, it's legit so it's not really a scam. I did some search online and this is a common scam. They call and say that you won because someone entered your name on and online raffle or you went to a bridal show and it was entered that way. You have to go and claim the prize by showing up and sitting through a 90 minute cooking showcase. Not too bad if you're not busy and want some free food and don't mind being talked to. BTW, don't think airfare is included.

No comments: