Friday, March 7, 2008

Dresses and more dresses

Last weekend, N and I drove up to Pittsburgh to visit K for the weekend. Our main goal was to finally track down some bridesmaid dresses. We hit up Alfred Angelo and after many many dresses where N's comment was "I'm neutral," we finally found one which she gave more than the usual comment. We knew that was it. Originally I had planned on picking the color and letting them pick the style. Unfortunately, that turned out to be too hard to accomplish, so we settled on one dress for all three girls. We ordered N and K's right there. F called the next day and gave them her measurements. Even though we found the dress that we liked, we weren't too enthusiastic about the help. The girl just seemed so uninterested and her comments were pretty funny if you think about. However, she should think a bit more before she opens her mouth. Either way it was a relief to finally get the dresses. I think they may have to be altered.

Right afterward, we decided to hop over to David's Bridal that was down the road. I'm still in search of an evening gown. After a quick browse, we found this pink slinky sequine endowed dress that was hanging in the front. I decided to try it on... let's just say that if I wasn't so vertically challenged, the dress might have worked... the lack of support and the boobage exposure was the other reason it was not chosen. I felt cheap. But nevertheless, the visit was a success. We left the shop with a nice dress... size 2, it will have to be shrunken. They don't make things any smaller for bridesmaid dresses or specialty gowns.

Speaking of which... my wedding gown is still at the shop. I was supposed to have picked it up about 2 weeks ago. Such procrastination.

No comments: