Friday, May 9, 2008

Wedding Favors

How often do you go to a wedding and you get these really cute but completely useless favors? Ryan and I didn't feel like spending the money on favors but instead we've decided to donate that money to the animal shelter where I got Midas and India. $1k to help animals is so much more worthwhile than buying knickknacks that you throw away at the end of the night. However, my mom didn't like the idea of the guests not getting anything so we compromised. She suggested alcohol for everyone... that completely out of our price range. I liked the personalized M&Ms, but after researching that... do you know how much that costs?! In the end, I found these really cute mini round labels on Ebay that you can stick to the bottom of Hershey Kisses for about $30 (for ~1200 labels). I also ordered 300 9" round tulle circles ($18) off of Ebay. One night, a couple of my girlfriends came over and we polished off making 300 Kiss bundles.

4 -- 5 lb bags of Kisses - $37
300 9" round tulle in gold - $18
11 sheets of mini round labels - $35
ribbons - $6
labor - free
total: $96





The tiny picture of the bride and groom was so adorable. Ryan commented on the fact that the bride is taller than the groom. :-P I know.


Completed favor bundle. The ribbons were left long for later when a tag is to be attached.




300 Hershey kiss bundles....

No comments: