Friday, June 5, 2009

The Joy of Being Pregnant... First Trimester

I was searching through my emails and came across this one that I sent to N and K awhile back when the whole pregnancy thing was somewhat new and the symptoms were oh-so-excitingly-fun. It's in reference to this article on WebMD.com. Just thought I'd share a bit. :)

I wish I had read that article before I got pregnant... maybe I would have thought a bit harder about getting pregnant. I'm in my last week and half of the first trimester.. and pretty much I have every single one of those symptoms except for those listed for the 2nd and 3rd trimester. :) LOL I thought the article was so true since really all you ever see about pregnancy on tv is the woman pukes a couple times. Other than that she's super duper happy and glowy and what not. I'm sick all the time, I puke in the morning and evening... when I brush my teeth and sometimes after I take my prenatal vitamins. I'm always constipated, bloated, and gasy. Burping and farting is a God's gift right now and couldn't happen more often... I wish it happened more often. Nothing smells or tastes right, I have super hero smell right now. We haven't cooked in the house for months. I like bland foods but most bland foods are starchy which leaves a horrible bitter and sour taste in my mouth. I can't sleep at night cuz I get up at 2 or 3 times a night to pee, and there's the really vivid dreams that NO ONE mentioned about. I really miss steak, but I can't stand the thought of eating any beef. Last night I ate a bowl of kimchi cuz just the thought of it made my mouth water. My mom had a nice Korean lady friend who makes them for her so it was really good... cept I think these are kinda old now and the poor lady passed away in a car accident recently. That's besides the point tho. My heart feels like it just finished a sprint, I'm constantly sleeping, and when I'm not I feel like I'm in a haze and can't concentrate on anything. My boss thinks I'm taking too much leave, I wanted to tell him to go screw himself. I feel a little better now but also more hormonal. The other day at church I started crying for no reason and couldn't stop. Little things tick me off and annoy me. I went out and invested in a CD discman for work cuz I can't stand the voices of some of my coworker's. Last night I had a headache which woke me up in the middle of the night and proceeded to develop into a blinding migraine this morning...I can't take anything other than Tylenol... which led me to take more time off this morning. I finally managed to drag myself into work... even tho I still had a mild headache and the vision in my right eye was blurry. Ryan wants sex, I can't stand the thought of it. The only good thing I can think of right now is that I have bigger boobs, but I feel fatter even tho I haven't gained any weight... actually lost a couple. But I'm bloated. I can't button most of my jeans now, but still too small for maternity clothing.

:) Hope that was good reading for you guys. I try not to complain too much, except to Ryan. He wanted 2 kids, I wanted 3, at this point I'm not so sure we'll make it to #2. There's always adoption. :-P

Fun times. At this point (toward the end of the 2nd trimester at 24 wks), I feel great. Just a fatter, constipated, achy, and short of breath. But since morning sickness is over, those symptoms are easy. Although the number of trips to the bathroom is kinda annoying.

No comments: