Tuesday, July 14, 2009

It Has a Name - Trichotillomania

http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/07/13/hair.pulling.trichotillomania/index.html

This is almost amusing, just the fact that there's actually a name associated with my little obsessive compulsive hair pulling/picking act. For years, I've been picking my hair and pulling it out. It wasn't so much compulsion... but if I felt a oddly textured strand, it HAD to go. I could spend a long long time just searching for that strand that I somehow felt in passing while running my fingers through my head. Or when I'm reading, especially studying... I'll notice there'll be a pile of hair on my book. The floor area under my desk at work is covered with strands. Thank goodness it's not as bad as some of the more extreme cases where there are actually bald spots. I've noticed that I do it less frequent now.... but it still occurs. Watching TV, in the car, studying... etc. Ryan will say that there's a slightly less covered area on top of my head. Regardless, it's time to stop while I still can.

http://www.trich.org/

No comments: