Monday, September 21, 2009

One Month!

My baby is 1 month old today. Today marks the end of my semi one month confinement that my mom's been trying to make me do. Thank goodness... I'm done with chicken soup for a long time... at least the Chinese kind. We took Alex to church for the first time yesterday and the following was a recurring theme...

1. Everyone assumed that I was doing the one month bed rest thing. When I informed them that I did not do it. Their reaction was, "Are you ok? You don't have any problems right?" Of course not. I wanted to tell them that I'm probably healthier than they are.

2. They ask me if Alex is good at night. When informed that she's pretty good, the follow on question was, "So who's watching her at night?" First of all... what kind of question is that? I'm watching her. Of course they could also be asking who's going to watch her when I'm back at work, but they didn't specify. Traditionally when a woman does the month bed rest, there's someone there that's doing everything else in the house... cooking, cleaning, taking care of the baby. So that might be where the question stems from.

3. It's a Chinese (if not Asian) thing... the first time that everyone comments on about Alex is that she double-lidded. :-P I mentioned it when she was first born too.

No comments: