Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Where Did The Time Go?

Next Friday, I return to work. My six weeks of maternity leave is already nearing its end. Should I extend a few more weeks? It would be LWOP, but we could do it for a few weeks. It's probably not a good idea with what I want to do next year. Ryan and I are still talking about the best way to deal with Alex while we're both back at work. Who's going to drop her off, who's picking her up, what's our work schedule, when do we go to sleep, wake up, etc etc etc. We want to minimize the amount of time that my mom has to watch her during the day. Right now, we're tossing the idea around with me going to work early, Ryan dropping Alex off later and I'll pick her up since I'll get out of work earlier.

My new office has just recently completed a Nursing Mother's room. It has two curtained stalls with a workstation so you can do your business in private. There's a sink for cleaning, and even a small fridge for storage. It's a nice set up, especially with a cipher lock on the door too. My old office, I think I would have had to use the conference room... which has a window, and two doors that do not lock. I like the setup in the new place better...

2 comments:

Mommy Martin said...

In your old office, you would have used the tape room. No window but no sink either!

Mr. BMW said...

At least there is a lock on the door. Take the leave - time now with Alexandra is a better investment in life. Can I donate some leave?