Monday, August 1, 2011

Round 4 at the Hospital

I can almost expect to make a trip to the hospital when Sunday night comes around. It's not always Sunday but it's definitely always around midnight. At least this time they put us in a regular L and D room instead of triage. The rooms in triage were freezing, I was actually too warm last night. But yes, it's almost routine now. I don't really expect a baby, so I don't get worried anymore. The good thing about last night was that the dr was right there, and he gave me the choice of an IV first or a terbutaline shot first. I took the shot, painful as hell but only momentarily. The IV wasn't going to do anything for me, if I took anymore fluids in me I'd be going to the bathroom every 15 minutes. Nevertheless, it worked and that was the quickest trip ever for us. I wish I could just give myself a terb shot at home whenever the contractions won't stop.

We did do a really quick sono last night to check the baby's position. She down and ready for action. I'm also 0-1 dilated and 20% effaced. But that could also just depend on the dr checking me.

We were supposed to pick up Alex last night. :( I miss her. Looks like she's staying at my moms.

Hopefully no more hospital trips until the baby's out. The goal is 35 weeks, 36 or 37 would be better.

No comments: