Thursday, July 28, 2011

July Update

I'm not very good at this bed rest thing. Although I have to say that I was very good for the past 2 weeks. My daily routine consists mainly of 95% laying or reclining in my nest of pillows, and the rest of the time going to the bathroom every hour due to the obscene amount of water that I have to chug. I only make about two trips downstairs for food and more water... And to take daisy out. But today I cheated... But it was necessary, or so I tell myself. Last night I ran out of specific colors of floss so I had to make a run to Joanns. Thank goodness it was only a few miles away. But I also got some stuff for my next project. That's assuming that I finish with Hannah's name before she shows up.

We are 33 1/2 weeks now. My leave is over August 31st, and I have hormone shots until 36 weeks. My goal is 37 weeks, so hopefully Hannah will cooperate with us. Alex came at 35 weeks, but that's without the weekly hormone shots. So we'll see. I got the steroid shots already so the baby should be fine if she comes early. She's awfully active. I feel like a punching bag on the inside.

There were tons of activities outside my house this afternoon, actually my new neighbors house. The builder and a bunch of contractors were all over the place. I decided to get dressed and walk next door to meet the new occupants since they were moving some minor stuff in. They don't close until tomorrow, but pre signed today. Funny coincidence, they moved from the same exact neighborhood that we moved from in Odenton. Really nice young couple with a 3 year old and a 9 month old. I asked them if it were the gunshots that drove them to move. They knew exactly what I was talking about.

Anyway, having been confined the past month or so, just that little bit of exertion had a big affect on me. And now, after a cool shower I'm back in bed.

On another note, Alex has been at my sister's being watch by my mom. She's having a grand old time, what with her little cousin and aunts and uncles. they maintaining her sleep schedule which is good. And apparently being potty trained. She actually went in the potty yesterday! Maybe she'll be completely trained by the time she gets back... I can hope. :) but oh well, shes coming back this Sunday at least for a few days. I miss the little monster.

No comments: