Saturday, August 1, 2009

2 Days Down....

Two days down and how many more to go? My daily routine right now is to get up late (after noon), shower & toileteries, go downstairs and plop myself on the couch. If Ryan's home he'll set me up with food and drinks and pretty much anything else I need. Otherwise I'll get it myself before I get to the couch. I get yelled at if I get up for anything other than the bathroom. So far, I've seen a lot of Food Network, TLC, Travel Channel and NatGeo, a couple episodes of Bones, stared at the ceiling, and shopping on the internet. Actually, Day 1 was by far the worse since Ryan wasn't home. Day 2, he stayed home but was working downstairs the whole time. Karen and Cynthia came to visit so the day was much more interesting.

I think our goal right now is to make it to 36 weeks, 38 weeks would be even better. I'll have to double check with the doc on Monday. But have you ever noticed that if something was to go wrong, it tends to happen when it's the least convenient? Last night I ended up calling the doc around 3:30AM for indigestion. It had started around 10ish and slowly build until it was unbearable after midnight. After downing some baking soda water and Tums, it went around away and I thought it was good to go. But after about 30 minutes I felt it coming back again and that's when I got confused. Usually once it went away it stayed gone, but it came back. Unfortunately the doc didn't know either so I didn't bother going to the hospital. Walking around helped a bit, so I just kept pacing for about an hour until it felt a bit better. But by that time, the contractions had started again.... probably due to the walking and pain caused by the indigestion. In the end, I decided to try to sleep around 5:30AM and hopefully the contractions would have stopped by the time I got up for my first potty break.

Sigh... I wonder if this is a precursor to the baby's temperament. Will she be a problem child? Or maybe the complete opposite... all this trouble in utero and a complete angel outside? :) One can always hope. She's still one active bugger... especially at night.

No comments: