Sunday, August 2, 2009

Jail Break

Counting the hospital, I've been on bed rest for a week. Now I'm not the most energetic or active person there is... Ryan would probably even say restful (lazy), but even the modicum of activity keeps me in a relatively peaceful and cheery mood. I usually get a headache if I don't leave the house at least once a day. I also consider myself fairly calm and logical about things, so it wasn't that surprising to me that the whole pregnancy mood swing business didn't really show its head for the past 8 months.

This morning was different. I woke up feeling sorry for myself and couldn't talk myself out of it. Regardless that the confinement was necessary for the baby's well being, the knowledge that this is barely the beginning was very depressing. A mental breakdown was long overdue. I think it shook Ryan up a bit since he's probably never seen me like that, so he suggested that we could go for a drive. One better, he agreed to go eat an early dinner a Chinese restaurant, Asian Court in Ellicott City. The food was pretty good... I ordered 5 dishes for the two of us. When they brought us the food, the server commented on the amount and said that we must really like to eat. Later the boss lady walked by and saw me rubbing my belly and said, "Oh! That's why! Good good, eat more." Then she asked if I was eating for 2 or 3.... lol. Anyhow, at least now I have food for a few days while Ryan's at work.

It's a wonder what a short trip will do.... mentally. Unfortunately, by the time we got home the physical exertion got to me. One week of no activity makes a big difference. I'm back in bed now. And am somewhat glad to be. I think I'm good for another week until I can talk my way into another outting... that doesn't involve the hospital or Dr's office.

No comments: